More Helpful Articles
Now Offering a Basic EKG Course
Basic Cardiac Rhythm Interpretation
This is a new 3-credit hour course presented by UIW Online at the University of the Incarnate Word. Coursework is completed online.
After successful completion of this Basic EKG course, a student would be eligible to sit for the Cardiac Rhythm Analysis Technician (CRAT) certification exam and be better prepared to compete for an entry-level healthcare career!
- Prepare students for an entry-level healthcare career as a ECG telemetry technician.
- Prepare students to successfully complete the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) Certified Rhythm Analysis Technician (CRAT) exam
Students Who Would Benefit
- Professionals who utilize specialized monitoring equipment to analyze cardiac rhythms or ECGs.
- Healthcare professionals seeking additional certifications for career advancement.
- Students who wish to sit for the CCI exam prior to graduation to begin a healthcare career in interpreting an ECG now.
- Active duty military and veterans looking for transferable skills in the civilian community.
Ideal for Healthcare Careers such as:
- Telemetry Technician
- ECG Interpretation Technician
- Telemetry RN
- Critical Care LVN
- Critical Care RN
- Many other clinical healthcare positions